Professional vs DIY Kitchen Remodel
Unsure if you should hire a professional for your kitchen remodel? Prime Cabinetry wants to help steer you in the right direction for your particular project. Every remodel is different. You can replace or move just about anything in your space, but the key is understanding what you can do on your own and what will need a professional's expertise to complete.
To decide the best direction for your kitchen remodel, you will want to ask yourself the following two questions:
1. Does your wish list exceed your renovation abilities?
2. Do you have experience in large scale projects?
A licensed contractor has the experience, equipment, and team necessary to complete your kitchen remodel correctly and promptly. Though this expertise comes at a cost, it can be worth the investment to have the job done right.
On the other hand, many consumers have mastered DIY home improvement projects and are partial to tackling it themselves. Prime Cabinetry strives to make products that are easy to assemble and install so that anyone who wants to, can DIY their kitchen remodel with ease.
Consider the Following
- Understand the scope of your project. Know how much work needs to be done and what it will take to get it across the finish line. Understand the time and resources required.
- Have an honest evaluation with yourself about your carpentry and measuring skills. Know what tools and abilities are needed to complete everything you plan to tackle. Not only to assemble and install your new cabinets, but also to install new floors, electrical wiring, plumbing, and more.
- How much of the project can you DIY, and how much should you hire out? Maybe both are an option! For instance, if you have the tools to tear out your old cabinets and assemble the new ones, you can save significantly on a general contractor fee. You can then plan to include installation cost in your remodel budget and leave it to the professionals.
To make the most of your time and resources, determine what tasks suit your skill set and go from there. Like most things, cheap isn’t good and good isn’t cheap. Request multiple quotes from licensed contractors, plumbers, and electricians to make an educated decision.